BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 
IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BONYMAUG: May 14, BI2014 Nice, France: May 21.

Hyperlink - HTTP Status 404

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Search this topic... | Search WebIntelligence XI... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
kch

flag
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 pm 
Post subject: Hyperlink - HTTP Status 404

Hi,

When i am implementing the Hyperlink(BOXI SP2), I am getting Http status 404 error. I referred couple of codes and tried but in vain.
Appreciate if any one can help me.
Thanks in advance.
The code used is -
="<a href=http://<Server IP>:10001/businessobjects/enterprise11/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sDocName=SPRECDTD&sType=wid&sPath=[Home],[Public%20Folders],[Drill%20Through%20SPS-Test]&sRefresh=N&sWindow=New>link</a>"

I am defining the URL in a new cell in Report-1, it has to open the SPRECDTD report. Both the Report-1 and SPRECDTD are in the folder - Drill Through SPS-Test

thanks.
joepeters
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

flag
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:54 pm 
Post subject: Re: Hyperlink - HTTP Status 404

enterprise11/ -> enterprise115/

Joe
kch

flag
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 pm 

Hi Joe,

Ok. Thanks for the reply Joe. But I have already fixed it.
The working URL is as below. The cell which is defined hyperlink should show me the data of ItemNumber. But it is showing only '[ItemNumber]' in the column.
What is the requirement is that, if I click that ItemNumber say Item100 in the current summary report it has to open the Detail report for Item100 (as parameter) and show details of only Item100. I have already added a single prompt for the detail report.
Currently if I click on the '[ItemNumber]' it opens the prompt in the detail report . It should show data directly rather than prompting.
If you have any knowledge, please let me know.

'<a href="http://<Server>:10001/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sDocName=SPRECDTD&sType=wid&sPath=[Home],[Public%20Folders],[Drill%20Through%20SPS-Test]&sWindow=Same&lsSItemNumber='+dim_Item.itm_nbr+'">'[ItemNumber]'</a>'

Thanks.
joepeters
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

flag
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 pm 

1) Cell display: Are you doing this in SQL or in a WebI formula?
2) Prompt panel: Check to ensure that the prompt text (not object name) is exactly the same in the child report. The prompt text should be ItemNumber to match what you have below. Also ensure that the child report's prompt is an "equal to" -- if it is "in list", then you need to use &lsM. And finally, if you have any other prompts in the child report, the prompt panel will display.

Joe
kch

flag
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:34 pm 

Hi,

When I use the URL(in BO-XI R2 WebI), it is showing "+[ItemNumber]+" as the column content in summary report, rather than Item Number - data. When I click on it, displaying for prompt value first rather than displaying the detail report. Please advise.
The prompt text is same in the child report as well.
The URL content is

="<a href="http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sDocName=SPRECDTD&sRefresh=Y&sType=wid&sWindow=Same&lsSDIM_PDSSPSDT.itm_nbr:="+[ItemNumber]+"\"sWindow=Same>"+[ItemNumber]+"</A>"

When I click on the above URL, the new window has the below URL, and opens for prompt value rather than directly displaying data.

http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/documentXML.jsp?cmdP1=SPRECDTD*0*1*wid**&token=&cmd=askPromptView&cmdBlock=all&cmdP2=lsSDIM_PDSSPSDT.itm_nbr%253A%3D%26sWindow%3DSame

Thanks in advance
biankutzu22
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:44 am 

chithreshk wrote:
Hi,
="<a href="http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sDocName=SPRECDTD&sRefresh=Y&sType=wid&sWindow=Same&lsSDIM_PDSSPSDT.itm_nbr:="+[ItemNumber]+"\"sWindow=Same>"+[ItemNumber]+"</A>"

Hello,
"DIM_PDSSPSDT.itm_nbr:" this is the text of the prompt in the second report(child report)?
You should use exactlly the same name (exp: if you prompt text is something like this "Select itm nbr:" then in the hyperlink
you should use lsSSelect+itm+nbr:).
Also, after "+[ItemNumber]+"\" you should use &sWindow. Why do you use twice sWindow?
joepeters
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

flag
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:33 am 

Code:
="<a href="http://Serve

That can't possibly work with the quotes as you have them. I'm surprised you're not getting an error.

Assuming that your prompt text is really "DIM_PDSSPSDT.itm_nbr:", then your URL should look like this:

="<a href=\"http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sDocName=SPRECDTD&sRefresh=Y&sType=wid&sWindow=Same&lsSDIM_PDSSPSDT.itm_nbr:="+[ItemNumber]+"\">"+[ItemNumber]+"</A>"

If this still doesn't produce what you need, then change the cell type to Text, copy the string that's displayed, and paste the string here so we can see.

Joe
kch

flag
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:33 pm 

Thanks Joe, the URL, when clicked opens AOL.com site. Later I removed ":" in the URL and it works. But opens in a new window.

Following the working URL, still it opens in a new URL.

="<a
href=\"SERVER/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sDocName=SPRECDTD&sRefresh=Y&sType=wid&sWindow=Same&lsSItemNumber="+[ItemNumber]+"\">"+[ItemNumber]+"</A>"
biankutzu22
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm 

Does it open in new window when you are in modify mode or when you open directly the report?
kch

flag
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 pm 

Hey its working fine with that URL, its opening different in modify mode. Whereas in final report, it opens in the same window.

Strage thing noticed is that if you have spaces in the object name which is enclosed in [], you no need to add "+" or "%20" between the object name.
See the below working URL.

="<a href=\"http://server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sDocName=SPRECDTD&sRefresh=Y&sType=wid&sWindow=Same&lsSItemNumber="+[ItemNumber]+"&lsSDunsNumber="+[DUNS Number]+"&lsSBuyerId="+[Buyer Id]+"&lsSLdRecordType="+[Ld Record Type]+"&lsSPlantID="+[Plant ID]+"\">"+[ItemNumber]+"</A>"
kch

flag
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:11 pm 
Post subject: Hyperlink with Drill down

Hi,

I am trying to implement the hyperlink with the drill down feature.
The requirement is that when the user drills down to the last level, last level should be an hyperlink. I tried to put working URL from WebI in Designer Object using -
CASE WHEN column NOT NULL THEN URL as below
"<a href=\"http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sPath=[Public+Folders],[Drill+Through]&sDocName=XYZ&sRefresh=Y&sWindow=Same&lsSReportPeriod="+[Report Period]+"&lsSPlantID="+[Plant ID]+"&lsMDUNSNumber="+[DUNS Number]+"&lsMComodityCode="+[Comodity Code]+"&lsMStarsFamilyCode="+[Stars Family Code]+"&lsSLoadRecordType="+[Load Record Type]+"&lsMBuyerID="+[Buyer]+"\">"+[Plant ID]+"</A>"

I changed the property of the cell to hyperlink only for the last level in that particular column, in WebI. Yet the report displays +[Plant ID]+ and even if you click it does not open the XYZ report.

Please let me know if I am wrong somewhere.
Thanks in advance.
Peter Hughes
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:35 am 

chithreshk wrote:
Strage thing noticed is that if you have spaces in the object name which is enclosed in [], you no need to add "+" or "%20" between the object name.

Not strange at all really, since the object name will be replaced with the object VALUE in the actual URL (i.e. before it is passed to the browser).

However, if the object VALUE contains spaces then you may need to try using the URLEncode() function to counter this (this will replace spaces with %20, amongst other things - see the link provided below).

Code:
... +"&lsMDUNSNumber="+URLEncode([DUNS Number])+ ...

In fact, I would recommend you use it on all prompts that can take MULTI-VALUES, because the values (If I remember correctly) will be a semi-colon separated list, and semi-colons are not "legal" characters in URLs - using URLEncode will replace the "illegal" characters with "encoded" counterparts.

Take a look here for more information about URL encoding.

HTH,
Pete

kch

flag
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:39 pm 

Hi,

Even using the URLEncode it displays "+[Plant ID]+", when i reach the drill down to this level PLANT_ID. When implementing from Designer do we need to add anything else.

case when Column is not null then '<a href=\"http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sPath=[Public+Folders],[Drill+Through+SPS-Test]&sDocName=SpItmSmd&sRefresh=Y&sWindow=Same&lsSPlantID="+URLEncode[Plant ID]+"\">"+[Plant ID]+"</A>'end

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.
joepeters
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:50 am 

If you're using Designer, then you need to use SQL syntax. What you have will (sort of) work in WebI.

Joe
n5xjb

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:20 am 

chithreshk wrote:
Hi,

Even using the URLEncode it displays "+[Plant ID]+", when i reach the drill down to this level PLANT_ID. When implementing from Designer do we need to add anything else.

case when Column is not null then '<a href=\"http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sPath=[Public+Folders],[Drill+Through+SPS-Test]&sDocName=SpItmSmd&sRefresh=Y&sWindow=Same&lsSPlantID="+URLEncode[Plant ID]+"\">"+[Plant ID]+"</A>'end

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.

I would use the iDocID of the target report rather than the name. This eliminates ambiguity in refrencing the correct report it also allows you to not have to use &sPath either. I have had to find ways to get under the 2073 character limit in URL length icon_wink.gif

Try this:
Quote:

case when Column is not null then '<a href=\"http://Server/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&iDocID=<insert your DOC ID# here>&sRefresh=Y&sWindow=Same&lsSPlantID="+URLEncode([Plant ID])+"\">"+[Plant ID]+"</A>'end

Also note you needed to use () with URLEncode for your [Plant ID] object else it could act incorrectly.

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP