BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 
IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BONYMAUG: May 14, BI2014 Nice, France: May 21.

Web Intelligence documenrt error

Search this topic... | Search WebIntelligence XI... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
vasanth
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 am 
Post subject: Web Intelligence documenrt error

Hi All,

I have created a report in Web Intelligence. I have saved the report with different name and removed the some of the data peroviders and some tabs in the report. I saved the modified report. When tried to open the modified report it is giving the below error.

Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on this document. (Error: WIS 30650)

has any body faced the issue and if any one has resolution . Please help.

Regards
Vasanth
jsanzone
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

flag
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 am 
Post subject: Re: Web Intelligence documenrt error

Vasanth,
Quote:
Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on this document. (Error: WIS 30650)
There is some kind of problem with the report. If there are any local variables employed make sure that the functions they employ are not crossing over evaluating numeric data as character or vice-versa. If this does not pan out, then ensure the types used in the universe are still valid (i.e. in the universe an object is defined as a character field but in the database it has been changed unknowlingly to an integer or something).
The error is hiding like a needle in a haystack, so bit by bit you'll need to investigate. Unfortunately, the error doesn't pop up like a "syntax" error giving you a clue as to where to start looking. In the end, you may find nothing wrong other than the report got clobbered sometwhere in its definition (.wid), and you may never know what's "blown up" icon_eek.gif .

Thanks,
John
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP